Thursday, January 16, 2014

Yooo, Kazoku!!

I am now over the half way mark. I have been here for 5 full weeks and I only have about 3 and a half weeks left!! Its very exciting! So yeah first things first. The Japanese actually feels like it’s coming along a bit more nicely. We really have learned a lot over these weeks and I can form more sentences then I would have expected by now. We've learned a lot of grammar principles, so we can mix up our sentences at least a little bit. I can say basic things like "I know the Book of Mormon is true" (Morumon Sho o shinjitsu to shite imasu) and "Prayer is very important" (Inori wa totemo taisetsu desu). And then we can add a bit more with other grammar things like "When you sincerely read the Book or Mormon, you can receive answers from god" (Morumon Sho o kokoro kara yomu toki ni, Kamisama kara kongae o ukeru koto ga dekimasu). But yeah, mostly just a lot of gospel stuff for now. We can still say basic sentence things, but we just haven't really focused on it (and probably won't until we go to Japan). But yeah, it feels way cool to say things in Japanese. I just need to get the sentence structure down so I can say it quickly and add on to make more complicated sentences.

And DANG, I really wanna see Zeus! He looks like such a cool dog and I would love to play around with him. Haha, and I could definitely see Cosmo being grumpy and growling when he comes near him. Cosmo just wants to be top dog all the time, hahah.

Anyways, its been a really good week this week. And Surprisingly enough, Elder Bednar came and gave a talk on Tuesday and nobody expected it, haha. They didn't tell us anything, so we assumed it would be another normal Tuesday devotional. But we were very wrong because it was awesome! He gave a really great talk and answered some questions that helped me out a lot this week. I feel like I have been progressing much more lately and that gets me even more excited to go to JAPAN!! YAAAA, I can't wait!! Oh and the guy in the pictures I sent is Takashima Choro. Like I said, he leaves for Japan on Monday, and then we will be the new Dai Senpai! But I'm going to miss him for sure. He is way funny and he usually comes into our room at night and raps. However, since our room has his favorite new guys (Me, Stokes, Bates and Young) he is giving us their mini fridge!! Its kind of a tradition since only a few rooms have one. So whenever Dai Senpai leave, they give it to whoever they like most, or they just leave it there. There are always great hand downs from them when they leave haha. And soon that will be us!! But until then, at least we can keep our drinks cold.

Oh yeah, and just a quick thing about this week. We got to Host the new missionaries coming in (like the guy that took me around to get my stuff and take me to my room) and we get to do it each week from here on out since we've been here this long. And also, we're going to get our final District Leader this Sunday and it could possibly be me. Theres only 4 people it could be because of other positions they have but yeah, its a pretty cool position. I'll let you know who gets it this next week. Most people don't want it but I wouldn't mind having the leadership position of our class. Anyways, thats it for now.

Aishite Imasu! (I love you)
- Carlini ちょうろう

No comments:

Post a Comment