Sunday, January 26, 2014

こんにちわ父!

First off, its funny that you say that time is flying by for you because for me, the last 3-4 days have been soooo slowww! I really hope that is speeds up because I am now only 2 and a half weeks away from going to Japan!! Also, we are just doing so much that I want it to at least feel like its going quickly, haha.

It's great that you have been looking at that Japanese learning card more often! And when I'm back I can be a better teacher then that dang thing, haha. However, its a good place to start for now. And good job with the Hello and Goodbye. I actually used Konnichiwa as the intro to this letter! It says, Konnichiwa ChiChi (another word for Father, but meaning your own/mine). Also, just for fun, Sayonara looks like this I believe さよなら. Unless there is an "i" symbol that I'm missing. And as for the what is your name thing. It should be "Namae wa nan desuka? - なまえわなんですか".

Thats awesome that you are still watching a bunch of tennis. I didn't know that the Australian open was going on already. And I bet you're loving it since Federer is doing well. That's gonna be a tough match against Nadal. And of course Wawrinka is in the finals..."He's got one of the best one handers in the game", haha! I'm glad that you are still pro'ing it up in tennis as well. That racquet looks sweet! And thats crazy if that guy was really a Navy SEAL. Did he say he was, or was he maybe a Combat Diver? Either way, they are both insane. I'm surprised you met one cause they are very few and far between. Its crazy to think of how much training he went through and I'm whining about having some bad days here, haha. That helps to put things into perspective though. This is easy. Or at least just a different kind of difficult, haha.

But yooo, there was one pretty cool thing that happened this week so far. We got 2 new districts in our zone and so we get to feel really cool and "old" now! We're all trying to step up our game too and attempt to speak mostly Japanese around them. And the cool thing we did yesterday was talk to one of their teachers and in Japanese of course! I felt pretty awesome because we could actually communicate with her a bit and I understood almost all the things she said! So yeah, we have definitely improved a ton. However, we did our first Skype TRC session yesterday too (Thats where we talk and kind of teach a lesson to someone that is in Japan, and in our case couldn't speak any English, on a computer through Skype. It already humbled me a bit because I only got about 15% of what she was saying to us, haha. But it was good practice to talk to a legit Nihonjin in Japan! Sooooo, yup, thats it for now. BYE BY

Oh yeah, and another quick thing that I forgot to add. Our Dai Senpai left us this week!! It was so crazy to see because we actually got to know these guys pretty well. The main guy that we all miss is Takashima Choro. I'm pretty sure I sent a picture of us but yeah, his singing and ghostliness will be missed. He would always just rap and sing whenever he felt like it and he was the funniest guy. I got a couple pictures of him, me, and Bates choro but I'll send em next week.

あいしています!

- Carlini ちょうろう

No comments:

Post a Comment