Monday, December 15, 2014

Subject: Already a Year in??
From: Elder Conner Carlini‬
Date: Dec 14, 2014
Hey, how's everyone doing? Sometimes the time just flies. So, this
was the week that it happened. I have now been a Missionary for over a
year and have lived in Japan for 10 months of my life. And what an
experience it has been! Although there are more ups and downs than a
roller coaster, I am incredibly grateful for things that I have
learned because of my mission. And from here on I'm ready to strive
for more improvement and experiences. Life is wild sometimes.
Anyways, this week there were a couple things that kept us busy.
First, was that we met a good man named Amada, who now goes by
"Sarunosuke" because he wants to change as a person. He is not quite
like any investigator I've had before. And this week we probably
taught the most lessons I've taught in my mission in a week. Which was
about 7 legit lessons. This may be laughed at by some Missionaries,
but it is quite difficult to get lessons with people in Japan. People
are veryyy busy. Or just not interested enough. But Amada is both
interested and has free time. He is a little bit medically depressed
as well, so he has been hoping to and is finding peace in church and
Gods teachings. He loves prayer. The first time we taught him about it
he prayed immediately. And he prays twice or more whenever we meet. He
is a man with great faith. We also set a baptismal date with him.
There are a few things we need to teach him and help him to create
roots in the gospel quickly, but for now, he looks good. We'll see
what happens!
Another thing we got to do that was special this week was our
District Blitz! Those are always a lot of fun. We went to a place
called Oizumigakuen that's in our area, and did our best to spread the
word of our upcoming Christmas Party at the church. The purpose is to
get people slightly more comfortable with the church as a building
before they commit to coming to an actual meeting. I think it will be
a lot of fun and the party should provide for some new potential
investigators I hope. It was overall a success and I even got to work
with my good friend from the MTC Elder Loboccaro! Having him this
close-by is quite the blessing I'd say, haha. Because speaking of
that, we got to celebrate our 1 Year Mark together! We basically just
ate a bunch of food and "partied" as a couple of missionaries. But
don't worry, we still got in our Futons by 10:30 hahah. So that was
mainly what went on this week.
Does anyone have any special plans for Christmas? We are doing a
Christmas Conference in Kichijoji with the whole mission on the 23rd,
so that should be a lot of fun. I will get to see all of my friends
from the MTC and other areas again! Great people. So, if you're near
your families now, have a great Christmas with them! I'll be in
Japan...but I'll see you for next Christmas!!
Until next time...Enjoy the Christmas season!!

皆を愛してます!良いクリスマスを過ごしてね!

Elder Carlini
カーリニ長老

Basically the only picture I took..and my Mom was at home taking many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment