Monday, December 8, 2014

From: Elder Conner Carlini‬
Date: Dec 7 at 8:33 PM
Subject: And another week swiftly moves by

Hello family and friends. This week, as does every week on a
mission it seems, felt a bit slow. But it's now suddenly finished. So
I had another set of slow days and a fast week go by, haha. Anyways, I
unfortunately got sick, officially starting on Monday night. I wasn't
feeling that good because the air here has been really cold lately,
and I've been breathing a whole lot outside, hah. I also developed
quite the headache when trying to help set something up for a few
P.I.s in our area and everything seemed to go wrong on my end. But
everything worked out great. I just felt like crap and laid on the
ground for 40 minutes. So that was a nice start to the week, haha. I
mainly slept and took vitamin C for dayz. And then I bundled up and
started doing some simple streeting to get back into things by
Thursday. And speaking of Thursday, that was Transfer Day!! But since
I didn't move again at all, it didn't affect us. However, Elder
Gutierrez was sent off, and a good friend from the MTC (Elder
Lobocarro) came to Hibarigaoka! He is Elder Scott's companion, but we
still are living in the same apartment. It's been great so far. Now
that we are almost half way into our missions, we get to spend another
Christmas together, haha! So that'll be fun. We have a Christmas
Conference on Christmas Eve at the Mission Homes area (Kichijoji) and
I'm excited to spend a little time there.
Hmm, besides that little tidbit, the main thing that happened this
last week was on Saturday night. We met with our most progressive
investigator Nakai Yuuta, and we got a member to join in who worked at
the same place Yuuta works at now. It was a good lesson that started
with reteaching the Restoration, and then turned towards making a
baptismal date with him. We've been wanting to make a baptismal date
with him so that he could have that goal to work towards, but it just
hadn't felt right in our recent lessons. But tonight we brought it up,
talked about it, and set it (as of right now) for Valentine's Day,
February 14th. And which is also his Birthday! We may move it sooner
if he's ready but for now, it's building up his faith and talking
about commandments. It's good to see him progress and hear his
experiences of receiving guidance and feeling thankful. He's a good
man. That's about all I can think of for now. Weeks go by faaast. So
until next week.....I have some pictures actually. One sec

Elder Carlini
カーリニ長老
We ate sushi with an Investigator. Going hard on the Tenpura!
/Users/Home/Conner/Conner's Mission/FROM Conner/From Conner 2014/From Conner 12-8-14/image1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment