Monday, September 15, 2014

New Companion. New Transfer. (6)


Hello everyone! As you may know from my last email, a new
transfer has begun and I am training again! So let's talk about that
real quick shall we? So on Thursday Morning, we headed over to the
station and I left for Kichijoji (where the Mission Office is). It was
quite the experience to have once again, going on the train and
wondering how your next transfer will be. Thinking about what kind of
trainee your going to get, and what type of trainer your going to
become. And it was great to see all the other trainers that I've known
from previous areas and being able to see them again. I actually had
my companion from Transfer 3 there (Elder Bunker) and the Elder we
lived with in Kamiooka (Elder Peters), who was also training. So it
was nice to talk with them and see how they were feeling about
training and things like that. It's crazy too, because when you go in
to eat the amazing breakfast (cooked by Sister Wada), you see these
trainees sitting down, and you have no clue who you'll be paired with.
Wild feeling. So after the breakfast, we all head up to the 3rd floor
of the church and did the classic, brand new missionary trainings. And
after a few hours of that, just waiting to know who's going where,
they finally do the announcements. And I happen to be the second one
up on the screen to find out. So then they make it all intense and
everyone drum rolls and then!.......My companions face shows up and
his name is called! Elder Aoki!! He is Japanese and doesn't speak much
English. So it's gonna be another transfer of speaking lots of
Japanese. It can be really rough and it's easy to get discouraged big
time with your speaking ability, but, it should help out for sure in
the long run. And he is way awesome, so I'm excited! Really small,
fragile, and funny. We joke around and say random phrases in Japanese
that makes us laugh, so that's good. And since we're still living with
Elder Scott and Elder Huntsman, this transfer should be pretty solid.
The only thing that can get to me I think, would be how this area is a
bit tough. I still have a hard time finding many people to talk to
too, and sometimes the numbers get to your head. You'll get to the end
of a day and feel like you didn't do something right because of stats.
But I plan on putting that behind me and realizing the people I'm
helping out along the way and just do my best there. It's good to be
happy. And it's great to make others happy too. Just gotta go out
there and spread some joy. So that's about it for me! See you all next
week.

Elder Carlini
カーリニ長老

Here's a picture of my new companion, Elder Aoki - 青木長老

No comments:

Post a Comment