Monday, July 21, 2014

Hey! Transfer Calls are next week!

Always a crazy time in the mission field when you get a new transfer
call. Even though I could be staying in the same place with the same
comp, I also could be moving to Kofu (most South of mission) and
training a brand new missionary. So yeah, I should have the news next
p day. Hmm, to be honest not too much happened that I can remember. I
went on splits with our District Leader and that was a lot of fun. We
did really well together and it helped get my spirits up a bit. It was
also just really nice talking about whatever. The "downside" to having
a native Japanese speaker as a companion is that you can't really
express your thoughts well enough to them, and they haven't seen
movies, listened to music, or been to the same places as you usually.
So it's kind of hard to relate sometimes. However, we've also had the
great opportunity of teaching a kid named Kiyu recently. And things
with him progressed quickly. He has now been taught everything, had
his interview, and should be getting baptized this Sunday, so that's
exciting. He's a wayy crazy kid and in a pretty "different" situation
because he's only 9 years old. His guardian (His Grandpa) is a member
but not all there if ya know what I mean. And Kiyu's parents have kind
of a really unfortunate story behind it so I won't go into that now.
He's a very happy kid actually and he is as wild and energetic as
Cosmo (our dog). He also kicked me in the nuts if you wanted to know
that. It hurt pretty dang bad.

But anyways, the other cool thing you could say we had was a
District Lunch. So after our district meeting we all went together for
some Indonesian Curry which is my favorite now. That and the giant Nan
it comes with (all you can eat). So that was fun.. So I've been
thinking a lot about getting motivated and trying to be a great
missionary while I'm out here. It's not so much about just doing the
work and succeeding or failing. But it's being happy with what you're
doing regardless, I feel like. Usually not too much of a problem when
there's a lot of success, but when you Fail a bunch and have no
success, it makes you not even want to go out to find. Also, this is a
hard place to find anyone. Even the District Leader said it was the
hardest place he's done missionary work in. So yeah, just gotta keep
trying and improving. Yup, so, sorry there's not too much to report
on. I got a funny but random video of the rain that comes sometimes.
It's normally like this all rainy season but now it's supposed to be
switching to the heat. Which is hot. I sweat. A bunch. Bye bye!

Carlini 長老日本語の勉強することは難しい。泣きたいだよ





No comments:

Post a Comment