Monday, June 23, 2014

What's up my mates. I hope everyone is doing swell in the states.
So yeah, I got kicked out of good old Kamiooka and put into
Hibarigaoka this week. It was a big change seeing as Kamiooka is the
land of hills in the Yokohama Zone, and Hibarigaoka is allll flat and
up north in the Musashino Zone. I miss Yokohama and the awesome people
I met there, but hopefully new and great things await me here in the
North. It was more sad then I thought leaving everything behind in
Yokohama. Last transfer was for sure my best one yet. I left the
hills, the people, and The Bunks (Elder Bunker, my last companion).
And on the last day at 英会話 (English Class) I took a lot of pictures
with students and a couple ward members that made me realize that I
may actually be missed as I left. They thanked me a lot for being
their teacher and a friend. It was a great experience and I love the
Japanese people.
Anyways, I've only been here in Hibarigaoka for a few days now
and it's very different. The apartment isn't bad and we have a couple
cool places around here. But it's not like Yokohama. Our Futons are
nice and fluffy and that's definitely a good change from the Kamiooka
apartment. Also, the new companion is a big change. Having someone
who is Japanese and doesn't speak much English is already showing how
tough the transfer may become. But it's a good thing for sure. It just
makes me realize even more so how much there is to this language that
I can't communicate yet. But on the contrary, I'm definitely speaking
more Japanese in a day then I ever had before. Crazy crazy. Hmm, so
far I've only met a few ward members but they are all incredibly nice.
I think that will be one thing that I can rely on in each area. It's
that you can always find incredible people in the ward, and good
friends outside of it too. I hope to improve a lot this transfer and
hopefully do a decent job training Elder Nishidome. He is a good man.
Not much else this week except pictures and a video I think. Got a
little apartment tour for ya, hah

いつも神様があなたを助けってくれると覚えて下さい。悪い気持ちを持っていっても祈ることが出来て彼から導きを受けられます。
Trans. - Always remember that God will help you. Even if you feel bad,
you can pray and receive guidance from him.

Love from Japan, Carlini 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment