Monday, June 9, 2014

今日はいいね。先週のためごめんなさい!
Heyyyy, sorry mates. There just isn't enough email time in the
week to write sometimes ya know? I try to contact Logan, Taylor and
Sean sometimes so since there wasn't an email directly from the fam, I
didn't end up writing one. Also, you may be a bit worried because I'm
"late" again on writing to you guys. Sorry, I always forget to say
when there's a temple p day the next week, haha. So yeah, that always
switches our P Day to Tuesday. Sooo we were at the temple today!
東京神殿はすごいね?! Also, since it was BOTH of your birthdays within these
last weeks (very sorry to mom for not saying anything about it last
week). But I made a small little video for you guys because of it!
Hope you like it. Also, we had a cool day so far. We went to one of
the only Wendy's in Japan today. Got pictures, don't worry. It was a
solid meal and it was nice to have a hamburger again...just way
expensive, haha. Had to have the experience at least once though
right! Anyways, just yesterday I had splits with a Zone Leader and it
was a ton of fun. I was with a good friend of mine (Elder Young, a ZL)
and we went hardcore! Both in missionary work, and in our morning
workout. Now, he is actually one of the few missionaries here that
worked out a good bit at home on their own so we get along in that
respect. Anyways, the workout we did (because we have such limited
equipment, (like a pair of dumbells)) was a straight up push up fest.
The idea is that you do a set of 20 push ups every minute for around
an hour. So the quicker you can do it, the more rest time you get in
between a set. Even though the push ups turn into something really
really wimpy, it kills ya. I ended up getting 1,255 by the end, so
pretty insane. We've (me and another Elder in the apartment) have been
doing t for a while too but never get that high. Long story short, the
split was way fun and we had some good chatting and working out.
Now onto some answers to questions. Everything is going pretty
good right now. Getting slightly better at Japanese and me and my
companion get along most of the time. I got moms email and I'll try to
reply, but we literally have such little time I miiiight not get it
this week. Maybe if she puts her questions in these emails too then I
could answer them. But other then that, I really appreciate her
support and love. Love you Mom! Next. Got your video. Great stuff!
Haha, that Zeus is a crazy puppy huh? Jumping all over the place,
hahaha that was funny. Way cool that all the family is coming up
around soon! That'll be a nice thing to come back too. Good old family
and friends. Although I feel pretty awesome with some of the people
that I've met out here. Wayy cool, lifelong friends. Privileged to
have met them. Oh yeah, and you just reminded me when you said Adam is
going to "Logan". Cause Logan gets home in 4 months! That's so crazy!
And Jake gets home in a week? What?! Way crazy how time flies
sometimes. And think of this now too....starting tomorrow, I will have
been out on a mission for exactly 6 months! Woahhh. やばいな
Hey that's way cool that you went to the Alaskan inn again. That
place sounds and looks way fun. I wouldn't mind going there someday
with my wife in the future, haha, way cool getaway spot it seems. The
pictures looked great too by the way. Thanks. Yoooo, good stuff on
Tennis too. Did I tell you that I kinda miss it now? I start
conversations with Junior High and High School students all the time
when they have tennis stuff. Then I always tell them that I played a
lot in America. And then it begins conversation. Good stuff. Good
skills to learn. You better keep playing when I'm back too! Just make
sure you get way worse so I can beat you finally! I can't believe I
still got whooped by my dad in tennis still, haha. Every time!
Doggies! I miss the dogs. I love every one that walks buy here
and want to pet it. Wiener dogs are pretty dang popular here so it's
funny to see them cruisin around with their tiny little legs, hah. Oh
yeah, so I think I told you about the Kanji cards a couple weeks ago.
But yeah, they are still awesome! It really helps to have them on me
all the time and learn these whacky symbols I see EVERYWHERE. There's
just so many it's crazy.. Still hardly understand any signs. But, I
can get the idea and/or some of the words on things here and there. I
am now on right around #90. They are great. Once I hit 100 I'm going
to review over them all again to make sure I still have them and can
write them all. Cause I'll be even cooler if I can hand write in Kanji
as well. Oh, so my 3 companions have been from different places. Elder
Kuniyuki is from Seattle, Washington, and he was my first companion.
Then my second comp, Elder Lundberg, is from Utah but I can't remember
where. And my current companion, Elder Bunker, is from Islands Ranch
(close to Littleton, I'm told), Colorado. So yeah. But something
that's pretty crazy is that we have Transfer Calls next Monday! (most
likely). So there is always a possibility of me leaving the area and
stuff. But me and Elder Bunker have a way fun final P day planned next
Monday. We are going to Sakuragichou and eating at La Salsa again!
Then we are going to the Pokemon Center and probably inside of
Landmark Tower!! So that's exciting. We'll probably even get our call
while we're out having fun.
Hmm, I'm trying new foods when I have to, but nothing crazy
recently. I just kind of eat what gets placed in front of me at
Members now so at least I don't have to worry too much. I still
dislike or hate most things I'm trying, but at least they have the
chance. Still don't like noodles. But Gyoza and Tonkatsu are some way
good Japanese foods I'd say. So just tell people that, haha. Salmon
isn't to bad either. When you get the right soy sauce on it. Hmmm, now
I'll just send some pics and vids. I have stuff from last week too
cause we went to the beach with our zone! So way cool stuff happening.
We also have some really cool plans for our future as missionaries to
so yeah.

皆さんを愛しているよ!今週の間楽しんでね?またね!

Carlini 長老


No comments:

Post a Comment