Tuesday, March 11, 2014

こんにちは!私のかぞくを愛しています!!
Konnichiwa! Watashi no kazoku o ai shite imasu!!
Yoooo, so I think I'll write a letter for ya this week. Sorry I'm
sending it on Wednesday here. I forgot that we had temple p day this
week on Tuesday so we didn't have a p day on Monday. Annnnnd, because
of some problems yesterday, I wasn't able to send an email until
today. Soo yeah, heres the weekly letter.

Alright so I don't think that I told you this but I got my bike
finally! It's way sweet and we found everything for a pretty sweet
deal. Its all red and brand new. I have a picture on my camera...and a
lot of other pictures I haven't sent yet...but I never have a
converter, haha. So I'll have to send those sometime. But everything
on my iPad is readily available to send, so don't worry, I have some
content for you guys. Oh yeah, and since the bike is all red and I'm
in the land of Pokemon, I named him "Flareon". I don't know if you
know that name specifically or not but if not, go ahead and search it
maaaaan. He's way cool.

Haha, anyways, another different thing about this week is that me and
the other Elders went down to Kanazawa Hakei on Friday and it was
crazy. It's about a 40 minute bike ride from Kamiooka so it was a
tiring day I'd say. But it's a good way to stay in shape. It feels
like we're inside so much from studying and planning that if we didn't
go out biking, we'd all get fat! Haha, but yeah, it was a super dendo
filled day. We were down there pretty much all day streeting and
Kubarikai'in. And speaking of kubarikai's, I've been getting some
meaningful contacts! And I say that cheerfully because I got them
without Kuniyuki choro there to help! When we pass out the fliers we
stand a bit of ways away to cover both sides and I used to call him
over to help in understanding. But lately, I've been having (very very
small) conversations with Nihonjin! And explaining about our eikaiwa
class! So yeah, it always makes me happy when I can slightly
communicate with these awesome people.

Hmmm, let's see. So we've been meeting a little bit with Peace lately
and that's been good. He's a way cool guy and his English is pretty
good. He comes to basketball at Isogo Center that we have every week.
Way funny guy. He said he likes reading the Bible and Book of Mormon
so we were able to read with him yesterday. By the way, he's a member,
but he's been inactive for quite a while. Also, we got to talk to all
the other Japanese and Chinese guys that come to sports night too.
They're all great guys.

Soooo, that's the main stuff that has happened from last week.
Obviously it's not even really a cent of what we've done but those are
some main points, haha. If I had a full day to write then I would
totally use it up with how many things go on here. But yeah, I've been
in Japan for a month! すごいですね? Sugoi des ne? (It's great, isn't it!?)
oh yeah and of course, we went to. The Tokyo temple!! I have some
pictures of it. Pretty cool stuff. And La Salsa again of course, haha,
that place is delicious! I also have some videos of Sakuragichou which
is where landmark tower is and all these awesome places to shop are.
And like I say in the video, I NEED TO TAKE YOU THERE SOMEDAY! It was
beautiful.

That's all Mates. Have a good week and enjoy the vids/pics.

Carlini 長老

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I hope you don't mind that I did some sleuthing and found this blog while our sons were in the MTC together. I've been checking in now and again to see how Elder Carlini is doing. My son, Elder Bates, loved having Elder Carlini as a roommate and friend in the MTC. Here is a link to Spencer's blog if you are interested: http://sharleeblog.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete