Sunday, February 15, 2015

From: ELDER CONNER CARLINI
DATE: FEB.15, 2015
SUBJECT: THIS WEEEEK

Yeah, so this week was pretty cool. It went by pretty fast.
Yeahhh, we got to meet with a couple investigators and teach some
more. We also did a Blitz with just 4 missionaries because our
District is quite sick at the moment. But that was a lot of fun and we
talked with some great people. Cool high school kids and whatnot.
Oh yeah and I hit my 1 year mark in Japan!! I have now officially
lived wayyy far from home and in an awesome Asian country for over a
year now. Pretty cool to say. Japan and the Japanese people are just
amazing. And speaking of amazing people, I got to go back to
Hibarigaoka for a double baptism yesterday!! I wasn't sure if it was
official or not until Friday night so it was a great surprise to take
the hour and 45 minute train ride down to my old area and see some
sweet friends again! And the two people being baptized were people I
had been teaching for a long time in the area! So it was good to go
back and see them baptized. I also got to do the introduction and how
I met one of them (Nakai Yuuta). And that was about 6 months ago. Even
when you don't get to see the influence you have on others sometimes
(although I got the chance to see it) we can know that we do have that
influence. It was good to see him, as well as my man Sarunosuke get
baptized on the same day. And then seeing all the ward members again
was great. There were a bunch that were surprised to see me and had to
take some second looks to realize it, haha. Awesome people.
And we got to bring our investigator Toguchi to that so it was
good for him too. Although he says he can't make any promises right
now, he has been diligently studying with us each week. He's our man
from Okinawa by the way. Super chill guy. Annnnd yeah, we found a
slide this week (in the sent video) and also went to a ward members
house for a lunch appointment. They are way nice and they knew ward
members in Hibarigaoka which are also super nice. Yoooo, that's it for
now. Pretty soon I'll be beginning my 10th of of 16th transfer as a
missionary. Dang does the time fly. See ya!

良い一日を!

Elder Carlini
カーリニ長老

No comments:

Post a Comment