Monday, January 5, 2015

FROM: ELDER CONNER CARLINI
DATE: JANUARY 6, 2015
SUBJECT: IT’S A NEW YEAR!

明けましておめでとうございます!Happy New Year! I can't believe it's 2015 already. I didn't realize it until I was reminded, but I will be returning home from Japan in this year. Holy heck that goes by fast. I've had so many experiences that I know have changed me and met so many great people that I can't even imagine not knowing them all. There are truly, awesome people in the world. And I'm happy to have crossed paths with so many of them. Also in this last year, I have discovered a new kind of love for a people I've never had the privilege to be around so often. That is of course, the Japanese. They have a whole different style of life (and food) that I wasn't used to, but over this past year, I've really grown to appreciate and Love Japan. I am far better off with the experiences and people I've been able to meet then if I hadn't come out here and I am so grateful for that. Quite a blessing, mates.
Yeahh, so let's jump into what's gone on this week. By the way, today was Temple P Day and that's why I'm writing now instead of yesterday. It's been a nice day. Im tired. But anyways, we had a lot of fun this week since it was the week of the New Year in Japan. They don't really do anything at all for Christmas, but when it comes to 正月 (New Year) they get serious. Haha, obviously as missionaries we don't get to go out at midnight with friends and have a little party, but we did what we could with 4 Elders and an apartment. Pretty fun night. But the cool part was actually the next morning (the morning of the actual New Year). Apparently a lot of people go out somewhere to see the sunrise of the New Year but since we're in a not so popular/good sightseeing area, we didn't see too many people out. However, you bet we still went out and found a good view ourselves! Unfortunately there were clouds from our viewpoint, but I was able to get a good video and some pics with my man Elder Loboccaro from the MTC. Cool stuff.
Also, because our Ward is way cool and loves to celebrate the New Year just like any other Japanese family, the missionaries were invited to several dinner and lunch appointments. We basically had one every day for 6 days. That's quite rare here. But yeah. Dang it I am gaining some extra, very much unwanted fat. But once it warms up outside I'll get some running going on again. Dang I hate running...but yeah! We had lots of those and it was great chatting with all the awesome members we have here in Hibarigaoka. Oh and I forgot to mention, but near the train station in Hibarigaoka, there was a group of some pro status drummers (on New Year's Day). We got there right before it started, and then they just started jamming on these drums with an awesome beat. I took a video. And although it might not seem so great in the video, it was incredible in real life. One of my favorite seen and heard things in Japan. Holy cow I wanna get pro at drums now. So, I'm gonna get this email wrapped up real soon.
But lastly, one more fantastic thing happening here in Hibari is our miracle man Amada (Sarunosuke) さん is getting baptized this Sunday! We've been meeting him almost everyday since we've met him and he has improved so much. We set a baptismal date for only a couple weeks in the future but man does that time go by fast. Already the man is ready to enter the waters of Baptism. His baptism should be great. Also, because one of his problems has been with drinking Sake (alcohol), we bought him a whole bunch of Orange Juice (because he said its his favorite drink) and wrote 信仰 (Faith) on the side. Then told him that whenever he feels the need to drink sake, to pray to God for help, and drink a nice glass of Faith! It's been good for the few days so far. He already drank the 4 cartons we gave him and we went and bought more with him yesterday, haha. Good man
That's it for now. Have a great year!
良い年を過ごしてね!
あなたたちの皆さんを愛してます!

Elder Carlini
カーリニ長老

No comments:

Post a Comment