Monday, January 12, 2015

FROM: ELDER CONNER CARLINI
DATE: 1-12-2015
SUBJECT: TRANSFER WEEK!! AND I’M TRANSFERRING!

Helloooo. So this week went by really fast and we got to do a few fun things I'd like to quickly write about. So the first thing in the week (that I remember) was on Thursday, going out to eat and talk with our friend Sato. He is a really nice guy who happens to be a strong Catholic member. Which let me tell ya, just being Christian in this country is quite rare. So we went to a new Gyouza shop he found and talked about things he had been doing lately as well as the similarities in our religious beliefs. He's really cool and loves to hang out with us. But he's not exactly interested in our beliefs and I'm alright with that. He enjoys being Catholic and seems to be quite happy with where he is at. And although the gospel may not seem right for him now, I'm sure he'll see the blessings we can receive from it in the long run.
Another thing that went on this week was a bye bye party for Elder Miyazawa. He has completed his mission now and will be released as a missionary this Friday. So a few Ward members put together some money and we had a little shabang at the church with pizza (well, Japanese pizza) and games! It was a lot of fun and that's where we got to watch Brother Suzuki (in our Ward), a.k.a. The King of Shogi, play Shogi against Brother Nakamura (who is also a really good Shogi player. By the way, Shogi is like Japanese Chess, and it's quite strategic/fun to play. Anyways, watching them play was crazy and I really want to teach my family and friends this awesome game upon my return. It's quite fun, and I bet Dad would love it.
And the last thing I want to mention is our Mochitsuki event we had today at the church! Mochi is pounded rice and it tastes pretty solid. So we got to pound that up with the Ward today and it was a lot of fun. I got kind of a last chance to talk to some Ward members because now I know that I'm transferring!
So now I'll explain that a bit. We got our calls late Sunday night and it surprised both me and Elder Aoki quite a bit. They've always done them on Mondays since I've been here so it was quite the mix up having them call Sunday night. Anyways, it has been decided that I will go to Fujisawa, which is pretty south of where I'm out now. My good man Elder Loboccaro served there for about 10 1/2 months so he knows the place quite well. It sounds like a pretty great area overall so I look forward to that. However, the apartment itself sounds kinda crappy and because I've never even seen my future companion Elder Fenton, I'm only slightly nervous. Going on to different and completely new things is always a bit nerve wracking but I'm sure it'll be a good experience in the long run. Also, just because I'm leaving the apartment I'm currently in, which was probably the Funnest set of Elders I've lived with on the mission, that's a little sad...however, it's time to move on to bigger and better things! The mission goes fast, so ya gotta make the most of it! Anyways, that's all I'll write for now. I'll be heading on a train down south this Thursday. Wish me luck mates
愛してます!

Elder Carlini
カーリニ長老

PICTURES
This is some of the Mochi we made and ate up today. Several different flavazzz




VIDEO
This is one of the last songs I'll sing with my good companion Elder Aoki.

No comments:

Post a Comment