Monday, November 24, 2014


From: Elder Conner Carlini‬
Date: Nov 25, 2014
Subject: This week. In Japan.

Heyyy, so another week has gone by and it went by quick. But I'm
gonna try my best to remember the moments I had. And holy heck, it's
almost the end of another transfer. I will soon find out where and who
with I will spend my 1 year mark and Christmas in Japan. Crazy stuff.
So, on Wednesday I got to go on a split to Tokorozawa with Elder
Young. It was a fun time and we got to workout with a potential
investigator who likes to hang out with missionaries. We went to the
park and beat our legs up a bit using a flight of stairs. It was
great. Then we had English class that night and it was cool to see the
students of Tokorozawa. There's just awesome people anywhere you go ya
know? Then on Thursday, we finished up splits and me and Elder Aoki
went to classic, Shakujikoen station and met with our Progressing
Investigator, Nakai Yuuta. He's doing well and it was good to talk
with him. We showed him some scriptures and discussed them. He's a
deep thinker and his attitude towards life has changed significantly
since we first met him. Yeahhhhh
Then on Friday we had a zone meeting in Tokorozawa actually. I was
supposed to do a training on getting something called S.O.S.
contacts, but because of time, I didn't get to. So now I have a sweet
presentation (just notes written down on what to say) and no audience.
Anyways, after we got back from that, we had been invited to dinner by
one of my favorite Ward members, the Fukuda's. So since we only had a
little time to get there, I threw in an address with "Fukuda" in it
that I had written down, then we rode our bikes there. After about a
45 minute bike ride to "their house," we realized it was a different
Fukuda's home that we went to....and when we looked on the map to
where they actually lived, it was the opposite direction from where we
started. So unfortunately we didn't get to go enjoy a nice dinner and
give them a message that night. But, because they are so awesome, they
drove over later that night to our apartment and gave us some
leftovers that were great! Awesome people.
Then Saturday we had a Zone Family History Blitz in Kichijoji! It
was the first zone blitz I had done too. We had a Family History focus
and got to do some missionary work in that area for a few hours. I
realize now how amazing Kichijoji park is and want to bring the family
there someday. And if I ever move to the Kichijoji area, I'll probably
be broke from buying all this cool stuff they sell there. Tons of
people too. We talked to some really cool mates.
Lastly, Sunday! We had the Baptism of Hibarigaoka's favorite
stubborn investigator, Nakamura さん. He has been coming to church and
rigorously investigating the church for over a year now. I'm certain
he knows more information in the scriptures and whatnot than me. He
has always had tons of questions and he was never fully satisfied with
the responses. We have taught him about faith multiple times and how
sometimes we just don't know. But he felt for quite a while that if
you just tell yourself you don't know and you accept everything as
correct, then your just kind of brainwashing yourself. But he was
finally moved by our man Elder Scott and he looks quite happy now. It
was a great baptism. The ward already loved him, and now he's a part
of it. Pretty great guy.
So yeah, that was my week as far as I mostly remember. Too many little
things happen in a day on a mission, haha. Good thing there are
journals. Talk to you next week. I have pictures.,.,./;&

Elder Carlini
カーリニ長老


No comments:

Post a Comment