Monday, November 3, 2014

Conner Carlini
Nov 2 at 11:07 PM
Hey. I'm 21. Pretty crazy how fast life can go by sometimes. Heck,
I still remember looking up to seniors in High School being older and
now I'm on my mission and into my 20's. Anyways, last p day was "the
day" and it went pretty decently. The 6 Elders in this area all met up
and we ate at a little place near the station with hamburger, steak,
and all you can eat rice. It was tasty. Also, I bought some super soft
and comfortable sweats as pajamas, for the winter that's coming up
soon. It's starting to get cold here in Japan as I'm sure Utah is too.
And it's weird to think how when I first came to Japan, it was cold
too! Christmas is just around the corner it seems. And so is my year
mark as a missionary. Dang! Anyways, the unfortunate part of this last
week would have to be that I got sick pretty bad Monday night. I was
fine most all day, but then I got a random burst of a headache and a
sore throat started coming on. So, I ended up being pretty much on my
Futon for the next 3 days. And if you may not know, Japanese medicine
is really weak, haha. They don't have Niquil, and they don't have
Ibuprofen!! So essentially, I didn't get to leave the apartment much
and do a lot of missionary work. However, I did leave for a few key
lessons we had planned this week which went really well! My good man
Nakai Yuuta is wanting to get baptized soon! We're going to have to
help him through keeping some commandments, but he has progressed a
ton since I first met him with Elder Brown. He has truly changed the
way he thinks and his life is starting to change right before his
eyes. It's awesome to be a part of. He also got me a present for my
birthday! He happens to be a huge fan of the brand "Lacoste" and wears
it everytime I've seen him. I've mentioned to him several times how he
looks way cool with his fancy Lacoste stuff. So he got me a Lacoste
wallet that's pretty sweet! He's a good man.
Also, I had the great chance to teach Jamn. He's the guy I
mentioned last week from Bangladesh. He's doing swell. He wanted to
get a Book of Mormon in English from us, and when we gave him it, he
said "alright, before I read this, you gotta tell me what it's all
about." So, we gladly explained the prophets that wrote in the book
and how Christs church was established on the earth. Also, we talked
about the Restoration of course. It was a really great talk and I
think he has sincere desire to find the truth. And he loves Mormons,
so that's a plus. He invited us over next Saturday for homemade Curry
too! Me and Elder Hunsaker are quite excited.
Thanks for the 21st b day story by the way. Good stuff, haha. And
keep on sending the Tony Robbins quotes! I gotta listen to him again
once I'm back. Gotta live up to that potential ya know? Anyways,
that's all I got for now. I'm gonna throw in some Japanese for style
points now.

私は伝道からたくさんを学んでいます。毎週私の人生を助けてくれる何かも学んでいます。
もう私は伝道から祝福を見えるし将来に対してすごく楽しみにしています。
私の家族に感謝して神様からくれたことにも感謝しています。
日本語は超難しいのに一生懸命勉強して頑張りますね。
いつも通り愛していますよ!また来週

Elder Carlini
カーリニ長老

No comments:

Post a Comment