Tuesday, October 21, 2014

From: Conner Carlini
Date: October 21, 2014 at 3:57:46 AM MDT
Subject: Sorry I'm Late

Heyyy, sorry I'm a bit late on the letter but yooo, had a sudden
lesson yesterday and some things came up to the point of having no
email time! But anyways, I'm going to keep this pretty short for now.
First of all, we got our transfer calls and I will be Staying in
Hibarigaoka with Elder Aoki for another transfer! It's nice because I
don't have to stress out about the many changes of moving and changing
companions, but also not as "exciting" I guess you could say. Still
very happy to stay another one here and keep up with the great couple
of investigators we have. Also, I now became the new District Leader,
so that will be a cool change I think. Getting some more chances to
help the Elders and Sisters of the District and lead them to joyous
days makes me joyous as well. Cool stuff.
Let's see...one thing that happened this week was getting to go
to a Translation Meeting in Kichijoji on Wednesday. It was a nice
little experience and we received some training from a guy who has
done translations for general authorities many times before. And the
kind of translation I'm talking about is not from a written talk or
anything like that. It's straight up simultaneous, speaking Japanese
while someone is speaking English, and translating it. It's incredibly
difficult and I am not good at all yet. Although I plan on practicing
using videos and whatnot, I have a while to go before getting decent
at it I think. It's quite an admirable skill. It normally takes me a
little bit to switch over to Japanese, but thinking both at the same
time is way difficult.
Hmm also, we had a prayer meeting type of thing in Yamate
yesterday which was nice. I got to return to my favorite Station in
Japan, Yokohama! It's quite a beautiful place. We went as a zone to a
big park and read the dedicatory prayer of when Japan was opened up
for missionary work, in that very area of Yokohama Japan. It was a
nice experience and we had a small testimony meeting after as well to
end it. Then we went to the awesome Mexican restaurant in Shkuragichou
(La Salsa) and ate well. It's pretty crazy to think another transfer
has gone by and that I am now 7 out of 16 transfers into my mission.
Starting to get up there just slightly. Dang! Well, that's it for now.
Just know that I'm loving our current investigators and it's great to
help them progress and improve their lives! Nakai and Tomoda さん are
totally boss. See you

Elder Carlini
カーリニ長老

Some pictures!


Went to Yamate, so I had to get a picture of Landmark Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment