Monday, September 29, 2014

Subject: Elder Huntsman
Yeah so the title has nothing to do with this letter. I just didn't
know what to put, so Elder Huntsman suggested I use "Elder Huntsman"
as the title. Hah, so yeah. This week.
We had a few things go on and it was pretty good. The weeks go by
fast, let me tell ya. Already another P day and another week into this
transfer. So this week, we had our Zone Conference. Which is basically
a 6 hour meeting with 2 zones talking about missionary work and
different trainings/ways to improve the work. And it's always "hosted"
by President Wada. So it's pretty special. Happens every other
transfer. Anyways, we learned a lot of helpful things there, and got
to see some great missionaries I don't get to see often. It's also
pretty cool too, because the missionaries who are on their last
transfer bear their testimonies at the end of it all. We as
missionaries call it a "dying testimony" since they're just about to
go home. So yeah, got to hear a couple good ones. And one of the
Sisters who is leaving is actually in my district and we've been
working in Hibarigaoka for 3 transfers together now. So that'll be
weird to see her leave. Although at this point, it looks like I could
transfer out (to a new area, not home, hah) soon too! I've been
enjoying this transfer thus far and plan to make it even better as it
goes.
But anyways, another big thing that was pretty sudden for me would
be the YSA Prep Mission thing that went on in Kichijoji a couple days
ago. I wasn't actually invited to go with Elder Aoki, but Elder
Scott/Elder Huntsman were invited, and on the morning of, Elder
Huntsman wasn't feeling well, so I got to go. How about those run on
sentences, haha. But yeah, it was basically an event held for younger
guys and girls who were planning on missions soon/weren't sure yet.
And long story short, I got to go with a member I knew in Kamiooka!
His name is Owada Seiya (19 years old), and he is prepping to go out
on a mission soon. So it was cool to be with someone I knew from my
first area, the good old Kamiooka. Anyways, we did a couple training
things with them and tried teaching them a few quick ways of how to
talk to people. Owada君 is super shy though and found it pretty tough,
even when practicing with me. So even though I felt kinda bad for him,
I realized how far I've come and how starting up conversations with
complete strangers has become easier over time. It's still not super
natural, but it's quite possible. Anyways, the unfortunate thing was
that we got ignored by pretty much everyone and only talked with about
3 people in a couple hours. Haha, now I'll be honest, it definitely
isn't awesome to get rejected by these wonderful people of Japan, but
I've gotten to the point where it doesn't effect me much if I do.
However, Owada君 was a little shocked that we did this everyday and how
we could do it. I told him that even though we may have many bad days
like this, the happy moments make it worth it. Just like any good
thing that happens in life. There are at least some bad/unwanted parts
to the journey that get you to the good. And they are essentially
necessary. So even though it's a cliche idea, basically nothing
fulfilling and good comes without struggles and hardships. So if
you're having a rough time now or in the future, realize the end will
be worth the struggle. Hardships are way annoying. But I haven't
learned so much, from anything else. Have a great weeeek. Bye

試練によってよく成長出来ます。けれど、成長出来るためによい選びをしないと行けない。

Elder Carlini
カーリニ長老
私の日本語はすげ〜

PICTURES 1, 2, 3 :
I forgot to mention that at the YSA thing, I got to see me old friend
Elder Staheli!! We had some way good times in Kamiooka and he helped
me get through some crappy times. Awesome little reunion

PICTURES 3 AND 4 :
My awesome companion is way good at Writing Kanji, so he did some for
a ward event. It was for the remembrance of a Sister Inagaki. So Sean,
I'm sorry for your loss, haha.

PICTURE 5:
Picture with Seiya

No comments:

Post a Comment